Fake "Microsoft Outlook" robo e-mail

Anonymous
2022-05-15T18:01:24+00:00

An e-mail from "Microsoft Outlook" automatically shows up within seconds of opening my Hotmail account. The "MO e-mail will not let me send it to junk, delete it, etc. nor, when hovering over the address, does it ID anything about the sender. It does have three options: open it, trash can, or a square with the word Ad in it. The Subject line says: Upgrade Your Account Get the latest premium etc. I close out of Hotmail, even shut down my computer, but the "MO email" shows up within seconds of login. Is there any way to block this (what-I-believe-is-robo) spam? Need help!  Thx.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-05-17T13:39:26+00:00

    yes, totally agree, they should be investigating and put a warning up to customers

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-17T13:16:19+00:00

    Microsoft has to take a look at this. It is my belief each area of/within the "Microsoft Outlook" robo email is malicious. Suggest you not click any link as it might spread a computer virus.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-05-17T12:48:47+00:00

    I moved all my emails to folders and tried the Hard delete but no luck, just gone to emails again and one email there that is not important plus the offender, tried hard delete but only the one email was deleted even though I said yes to delete all, so this email cannot be deleted only by the trash icon on its heading, also had a notification saying my internet connection was interrupted

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-05-17T10:55:21+00:00

    I have folders for various emails that if I want to keep for a while til I want to clear them out. How about moving those you want to keep to a folder and then say yes to the question? You have given me this idea so I am going to try it and will let you know what happens

    Mary

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-05-17T10:42:31+00:00

    This is the exact description of what I have, I have done a scan using my PCs firewall, it took all night and said 16 files were infected, however it has failed to remove the offending email. All day yesterday computer was fine til &pm, suddenly internet disrupted, when I went to Programs I find that the Microsoft edge that was downloaded on Saturday 14th May gone replaced with Microsoft Edge loaded yesterday, 16th May, this had happened last week so I uninstalled it, I did the same thing a few minutes ago and installed a fresh Microsoft Edge again, I think there is some connection between the robo email and this Microsoft Edge being downloaded. I have submitted a form to Microsoft telling them of the problem. My last resort was to think about wiping the computer but it will mean having to download some of my programmes and I do not think that unless this is a virus (which I am beginning to think it is) thatit will stop it coming in to my emails again. Microsoft need to fix this problem and investigate

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments