How can i add my PST files on new version of outloook. After the update I can no longer see my PST files

Anonymous
2023-05-05T07:12:36+00:00

How can i add my PST files on new version of outloook. After the update I can no longer see my PST files

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-05T07:59:01+00:00

    Hello Quintao,

    Good day to you and thanks for your post in Microsoft community.

    Based on official article, PST file not supports in New Outlook for Windows, it's updated in coming soon list. You can find the same information under "Support for Key Outlook features" from Getting started with the new Outlook for Windows - Microsoft Support.

    New Outlook for windows is still under production, so many features are not working or still under development, if you have any suggestion for New Outlook for Windows, it's suggested to share feedback by select Help and choose Support or Feedback. At this point, your kind cooperation will be highly appreciated.

    Thank you so much for your precious time. Stay safe and healthy.

    Sincerely,

    Ankita Vaidya

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T02:59:56+00:00

    In my experience, this is partly true -- except that PST files you add via the CP Mail function are not viewable in the new version of Outlook.

    Additionally, the ability to do things like import PST archives into, say, an IMAP account, is no longer a viable option via the new version.

    UNBELIEVABLY insular and just plain STUPID judgment call -- this is going to impact and piss off a LOT of people... As an IT guy, with a pretty broad perspective on the situation, I can say MS needs to reassess and rectify ASAP and do a better job of truly evaluating user needs. Whatever methodology/statistical model led to this decision needs jettisoned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-18T13:41:51+00:00

    Support for PST files must be added immediately. The fact that this functionality is not available for us business users is a disgrace and we are now looking for an alternative. I seriously want to have the ability to switch back again. I do not like the new version as it is lite to say the least. What exactly is a power user going to use this for. Microsoft should not have switched over until the new version had the same functionality. Thankfully I also have a MAC which doesn't let me down in such a sneaky underhanded way. I now have to spend time complaining and looking for an alternate to MS. Thanks again for taking my money and not providing me with my most basic of expectations.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T13:38:50+00:00

    Same with me. I have about 5 GB of folders(in a folder, PST folder), sub folders and sub sub folders. Saved, firs in Outlook Express and later migrated to outlook. Now with outlook 2019 and running smooth. I cannot lose any of those folders.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-21T23:06:02+00:00

    Why do you release things that are not ready? You have me totally cut off from my archives. When are you releasing the update to allow access to PST files?

    Agree with SM above. Why would MS release it without EXPLICIT WARNING!

    I have been going in circles trying to figure out what I was doing wrong until I found this thread.

    It seems like the listened to you, and when I upgraded Outlook to the Beta version is gave an explicit warning that it would not support PST, and that I could also switch back to classic Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments