Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
I have the same issue but worse still is I have a PAID version MS Office 2021 Pro but I'm getting adverts, surely this is not supposed to happen.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I've been using the new Outlook preview (the one you enable by toggling the "Try the new Outlook" switch in the main Outlook app for Windows) and I love it. It's so much faster than the main version.
Unfortunately, a few weeks ago I noticed that the inbox had stopped updating automatically. I still get notifications that new messages have arrived, and the icon in the task bar indicates that I have unread messages, but when I look at the Outlook window the inbox shows no new messages. I have to click on a different folder and back to the inbox for it to refresh and show the new emails.
Obviously this make the product basically unusable - I can't afford to risk missing important emails - so I keep switching back to the main Outlook app, each time giving feedback about the problem. Every week or so I switch back to the new Outlook in the hope that the issue has been fixed, but so far it hasn't.
This seems like such a fundamental problem that I can't believe it hasn't been fixed, which makes me wonder whether I'm alone in having this issue. I'm using a work account with Outlook and, to be clear, I don't experience the same issue when I'm using the main Outlook app.
Is anybody else having this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it or is it a problem with the app itself?
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have the same issue but worse still is I have a PAID version MS Office 2021 Pro but I'm getting adverts, surely this is not supposed to happen.
Who is Al?
AL generated sludge.
It's already almost June, 2 months since this issue has been raised. Has there been any updates on whether we can now refresh our mail in the new Outlook version?
I have the same bug or issue, It takes too long to update the inbox (I have multiple accounts in Outlook) but I can't find the option to manually sync / update the inbox to receive the incoming emails.
For now I will get back to the old version of Outlook and leave a review.