Missing Conditional Formatting in the New Outlook?

Anonymous
2023-05-18T19:24:19+00:00

Hey there!

Conditional formatting (allowing you to change fonts for unread messages for example) seems to be missing on the new outlook?

Any know a way around that?

Thanks!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T18:40:55+00:00

    I agree. I have two functions that are no longer available that were crucial to calendar management - Owner Access and Conditional Formatting. I was given owner access to a manager's calendar back in 2019, which gave me access to her categories so that we can properly color code her calendar for better calendar management.

    I no longer support this manager, so I'm trying to get my associate access. That's been virtually impossible. Then I told her that she needs to create conditional formatting so 3 of the calendar fields. She has the new Outlook and can't do it. She can not effectively manage this calendar without these two functions.

    I flipped over to look at it and it's HORRIBLE!!! I don't know when it's going to actually be forced on us, but I hope issues are resolved before they do. Please stop taking away functionality that we use daily.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-16T04:12:47+00:00

    6 months passed, still no update for conditional formatting now. Disappointed with Programming department in MS.

    But I found if you change the new Outlooks' themes, the color of unread message will also change. (Setting>General>Appearance>Classic themes)

    Although there are not many themes, but maybe you can find the color you want.

    Hope this help everyone here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-16T11:23:16+00:00

    Conditional formatting IS essential in outlook.

    In the mailbox... but also in the calendar > how to automatically define a category depending on event subject or sender ?

    Missing this feature is really painful !

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-09T17:47:03+00:00

    Any update to that? it is December, few months after and i still can not find conditional formatting....

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-13T20:22:11+00:00

    Still no update cmon microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments