New Outlook - Where is shortcut to move message to a folder

Anonymous
2023-04-18T20:24:31+00:00

I have just switched to "New Outlook" from the classic Outlook. For years I have used the Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut to quickly move a message to a folder and open the "previous" message. I am looking for a similar shortcut in "New Outlook".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T15:35:14+00:00

    unbellievable that MSFT has totally screwed this functionality. if i had a choice, i wouldn't use outlook at all. awful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-18T20:59:34+00:00

    Yikes--was debating whether to ditch Google Workspace for Microsoft (we have 365) but if I have to manually file every. single. email that will seriously add about 8 hours/ work /week.

    If Microsoft ever gets serious about efficiency, will consider again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-19T10:29:47+00:00

    I switched to the old Outlook, if they don't include this feature into the new one, I will never use the New Outlook and if it is a must becuase they discontinue the Old Outlook, I will need to look for another tool.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T16:36:52+00:00

    Hope the Chinese develop their software suite soon. For 20 years I have been FORCED to use MS office in EVERY company I worked for. Every version gets slower and unproductive. Whenever I search the web looking for a nicer or practical way to do something, I realize that either it is not supported or it is poorly implemented.

    I am really tired of being tied to this...time to move on to other technologies!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T22:25:38+00:00

    I think the problem is that once you have an email popped out, there is no where in the popped out email to select to move to a folder, You have to close the email, find it in the inbox and drag or use the cool move it icon on the email row to move. I have to pop open a lot of emails because there are screenshots or other graphics that are too big for the preview pane.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments