Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
That's a good one. My laugh for the day!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have just switched to "New Outlook" from the classic Outlook. For years I have used the Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut to quickly move a message to a folder and open the "previous" message. I am looking for a similar shortcut in "New Outlook".
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
That's a good one. My laugh for the day!
This is ridiculous. Removing features that get used is not an optimization. Scrolling through thousands of folders in an email folder hierarchy is minutes of time wasted, when 4 key strokes can file the email immediately in the correct folder. Perhaps, Microsoft should ask users what they use and find ways to incorporate those tools, instead of removing them from new versions.
The shortcut still works in the new Outlook. However there is another method to move the messages to the folders.
Go to Settings -> Mail -> Customize Actions -> and check the "Move to a folder" button.
They only allow 4 customized actions, so choose whichever ones you will use the most.
Also, once this is done, you will see the "Move to a folder" button on the right side whenever you hover your mouse cursor over an email.
the issue is that you have to close the email to see the button. you cannot move the email to a folder while still open, which you could easily do in "old" outlook
This was an important feature to include the new mails directly in the right folder and now I cannot select the folder the new mail should be included in.
In this way, the mail goes directly to Sent mails and is a mess when I want to look for a mail.
I hope you include soon the "Move" button in the New Mail options
Thank you