New Outlook - Where is shortcut to move message to a folder

Anonymous
2023-04-18T20:24:31+00:00

I have just switched to "New Outlook" from the classic Outlook. For years I have used the Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut to quickly move a message to a folder and open the "previous" message. I am looking for a similar shortcut in "New Outlook".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-19T13:42:15+00:00

    I have customers asking the same question and are frustrated with this. Microsoft please correct this oversight in the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T01:56:03+00:00

    Also have this problem... I just want to open select messages in a pop-out, read them and then either move them to right folder and the window closes or delete.

    New Outlook is not conducive to this - also why no delete option near the shortcuts for reply/forward at the top of the message and only in the "..." option?!

    Doing it from the message list view is an extra step.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T07:11:56+00:00

    I have found a work around - if you send the pop-out email to archive, then the MOVE button is available and you can then move it to the folder you want. Not Idea, but at least there is a way. But MS needs to fix this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-22T12:02:23+00:00

    I'm suspecting the IT developer that created this new Outlook quit his job and went to work for Crowdstrike...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-22T12:18:23+00:00

    LOL, more than likely. There are a few other Items that need to be addressed in the NEW Outlook. I just found another one, like a mis-spelled word. Ok I see that it is misspelled, I want to correct it, I do not want autocorrect to handle, but clicking left or right button, will not allow it. It does pop ups, so you have to go to the space in front of the misspelled word and back space to correct.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments