New Outlook - Where is shortcut to move message to a folder

Anonymous
2023-04-18T20:24:31+00:00

I have just switched to "New Outlook" from the classic Outlook. For years I have used the Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut to quickly move a message to a folder and open the "previous" message. I am looking for a similar shortcut in "New Outlook".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-18T23:04:09+00:00

    I agree with this comment. I can't believe the Move button isn't included. Is this going to be fixed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-28T01:49:20+00:00

    I used to right click on a message in the list, and then press "m" on the keyboard and select a folder. Now I have to hunt through the ribbon to find the word Move and its really slowing me down. Not enjoying the experience.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T13:15:00+00:00

    I found an answer to this. In outlook hit "Command" + "." this will bring up "Keyboard Shortcuts" there is a dropdown list for "Outlook", "Apple Mail", and "GMail". This selects the keyboard shortcut default behavior for Outlook, mine had "Apple Mail" selected, I changed that to "Outlook" and the functionality returned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-22T09:36:33+00:00

    Totally agree - rediculous that this basic functionality isnt included

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-22T20:16:10+00:00

    I'm desperately trying to acclimate to the new outlook, and this is making is VERY difficult.

    This doesn't solve the issue, but I do like being able to customize the action buttons that popup when you hover on an email in the list to include a "Move to folder" button

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments