New Outlook - Where is shortcut to move message to a folder

Anonymous
2023-04-18T20:24:31+00:00

I have just switched to "New Outlook" from the classic Outlook. For years I have used the Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut to quickly move a message to a folder and open the "previous" message. I am looking for a similar shortcut in "New Outlook".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-23T23:38:46+00:00

    Just to clarify... With Old Outlook, I could hold the [Ctrl] key while dragging and dropping a message to copy it to a new folder.

    With New Outlook, that method is no longer an option, correct? Even holding [Ctrl], dragging and dropping results in the message be moved rather than copied.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T21:24:39+00:00

    How about drag and drop from outlook to a computer folder, or desktop?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T21:44:32+00:00

    When processing multiple messages that get sent to multiple folders the SHIFT-CTRL-V is much faster. To Drag & Drop you have to go back to the main listing for every message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T00:58:05+00:00

    Hi Khou Sun,

    When will the feature be brought back?? When a user has an email popped out/open, there is still nowhere to click for "Move to a folder". Not sure why this feature wasn't incorporated into the "New" outlook as it was just as essential as "reply" and definitely more important to most users than "Assign policy", but I digress. Can this be passed along to the dev team working on this?? Thanks so much ;).

    Sincerely,

    Kara B

    Frequent Outlook Client

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T18:06:34+00:00

    This missing functionality alone is the reason I'm reverting back to the old version. I need to be able to move a message right from the popped out email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments