New Outlook - Where is shortcut to move message to a folder

Anonymous
2023-04-18T20:24:31+00:00

I have just switched to "New Outlook" from the classic Outlook. For years I have used the Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut to quickly move a message to a folder and open the "previous" message. I am looking for a similar shortcut in "New Outlook".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T17:54:57+00:00

    Also, please remove the 'feedback' when you try to revert back to the old version of Outlook. You don't need my opinion yet again...just saying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T17:33:55+00:00

    I wanted reiterate how dumbfounded I am to see that the Move feature has been removed from a popped-out email message. Is there any new information about this?

    Can someone please let me know how to revert back to the old version? This is a huge problem!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T12:48:00+00:00

    The problem is when you have the actual email open you can't move it to a folder. You can set up a rule, but it won't let you move it to a folder. You have to close the email and then select from the list to move it to the folder. I'm sorry, but that is not going to work, you need to fix that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T13:15:46+00:00

    Agree, this is a VERY inconvenient exclusion of a shortcut that used to work great and was relied upon by many. I was able to sort mail into my various folders after processing the message by hitting Cmd-Shift-M, that no longer works in "New Outlook", it still works in "Legacy Outlook". It was working in "New Outlook" until the most recent updates and has since broken or been removed. PLEASE ADD THIS FUNCTIONALITY BACK IN!

    Pete

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T15:45:57+00:00

    The move folder function is a huge step back from the previous version of Outlook. When you choose another folder you get 100s of folders you need to scroll down to find the correct imbedded folder. Not a great solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments