New Outlook - Where is shortcut to move message to a folder

Anonymous
2023-04-18T20:24:31+00:00

I have just switched to "New Outlook" from the classic Outlook. For years I have used the Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut to quickly move a message to a folder and open the "previous" message. I am looking for a similar shortcut in "New Outlook".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T01:56:03+00:00

    Also have this problem... I just want to open select messages in a pop-out, read them and then either move them to right folder and the window closes or delete.

    New Outlook is not conducive to this - also why no delete option near the shortcuts for reply/forward at the top of the message and only in the "..." option?!

    Doing it from the message list view is an extra step.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-19T13:42:15+00:00

    I have customers asking the same question and are frustrated with this. Microsoft please correct this oversight in the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-22T20:16:10+00:00

    I'm desperately trying to acclimate to the new outlook, and this is making is VERY difficult.

    This doesn't solve the issue, but I do like being able to customize the action buttons that popup when you hover on an email in the list to include a "Move to folder" button

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-22T09:36:33+00:00

    Totally agree - rediculous that this basic functionality isnt included

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T13:15:00+00:00

    I found an answer to this. In outlook hit "Command" + "." this will bring up "Keyboard Shortcuts" there is a dropdown list for "Outlook", "Apple Mail", and "GMail". This selects the keyboard shortcut default behavior for Outlook, mine had "Apple Mail" selected, I changed that to "Outlook" and the functionality returned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments