New Outlook - Where is shortcut to move message to a folder

Anonymous
2023-04-18T20:24:31+00:00

I have just switched to "New Outlook" from the classic Outlook. For years I have used the Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut to quickly move a message to a folder and open the "previous" message. I am looking for a similar shortcut in "New Outlook".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-18T20:59:34+00:00

    Yikes--was debating whether to ditch Google Workspace for Microsoft (we have 365) but if I have to manually file every. single. email that will seriously add about 8 hours/ work /week.

    If Microsoft ever gets serious about efficiency, will consider again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T15:35:14+00:00

    unbellievable that MSFT has totally screwed this functionality. if i had a choice, i wouldn't use outlook at all. awful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T06:58:50+00:00

    This was an important feature to include the new mails directly in the right folder and now I cannot select the folder the new mail should be included in.

    In this way, the mail goes directly to Sent mails and is a mess when I want to look for a mail.

    I hope you include soon the "Move" button in the New Mail options

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T16:15:17+00:00

    the issue is that you have to close the email to see the button. you cannot move the email to a folder while still open, which you could easily do in "old" outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-30T12:51:37+00:00

    The shortcut still works in the new Outlook. However there is another method to move the messages to the folders.

    Go to Settings -> Mail -> Customize Actions -> and check the "Move to a folder" button.

    They only allow 4 customized actions, so choose whichever ones you will use the most.

    Also, once this is done, you will see the "Move to a folder" button on the right side whenever you hover your mouse cursor over an email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments