New Outlook - Where is shortcut to move message to a folder

Anonymous
2023-04-18T20:24:31+00:00

I have just switched to "New Outlook" from the classic Outlook. For years I have used the Ctrl+Shift+V shortcut to quickly move a message to a folder and open the "previous" message. I am looking for a similar shortcut in "New Outlook".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-18T14:33:37+00:00

    This is why I hate it when the eggheads at microsoft think they make things better, none of your solutions work, I want to save my emails from my client's in my client's folder with the rest of their stuff, you made something simple into a nightmare.

    My suggestion is for Microsoft to fire everyone on the outlook team and start over because your "New Outlook" is a POS.

    Next time before you tell people how to do something make sure it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-17T23:30:59+00:00

    We are coming up on the 2 year anniversary of this post and I see no change or intention to fix this problem :( I followed the instructions to report my feedback from within the platform. Please, everyone who is looking for this functionality, be sure to report the feedback using Help > Feedback from within your Outlook. It's surprisingly quick and critically important to tell the product managers what users need the most. When things like this take forever, it is usually because it is really complicated/costly to solve or because there are features/functionality that more (and possibly more important) people are clamoring for. Make sure your voice is heard!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-02T21:58:48+00:00

    This is the answer.

    The designers of the new Outlook are simply too disconnected from real users of the product to create something that meets people's needs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-02T21:51:18+00:00

    Don't use the New Oulook; keep "Try the New Outlook" switched to off on the upper right side of your outlook main screen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-02T14:20:06+00:00

    that´s exactly what I was asking, maybe better put by you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments