Outlook Excel preview, can't use keyboard arrows, copy or select in the Excel preview.

Anonymous
2022-12-09T08:13:07+00:00

When I get an Excel file on mail in Outlook and preview it, I can't use keyboard arrows, copy (Ctrl +c/v) or select(Ctrl +a) in the Excel preview ( was able 2 days ago).

Till then, I try to restart my computer, change my keyboard, clean my Outlook cache, look for any options for that but I can't find any.

Compared all options with the colleague sitting next to me (because on him it works normally)

It works normally for example in Word file preview.

I can use mouse and right-click/copy and select it with it, but can't use my keyboard in excel previews...

Tried turning off antivirus, macros, add-ons, update outlook...

Are there any simple options that I didn't find for that, or do I need to reinstall Outlook?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For education

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-31T10:05:31+00:00

    Yup, i already did this, but still not comfy at all. Just bring the features back, so we can use keyboard in the excel preview.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-31T14:16:03+00:00

    I hear ya. Bring it back. I like the keyboard function better. I am struggling with QB online changing the side panel menu changes. I HATE it ! Just quit making these stupid changes for the sake of an update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-03T23:07:51+00:00

    same issue here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-04T15:20:04+00:00

    This is not even close to a reasonable alternative for productive efficient workers who's day is packed with real work that need this feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-04T18:46:31+00:00

    Hi all,

    The Outlook and Excel Teams are working to fix this bug. The fix is first available in the Beta Channel as of build 16024.10000. The fix is being backported to Current Channel. I don't know the backport build yet this will get to Current Channel but will post back when this information is available. The fix should be to CC by end of January but hopefully sooner.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments