Using classic Outlook for Windows in educational settings
i have the same issue , hope microsoft enable selecting & leave it optional to companies own risk
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I get an Excel file on mail in Outlook and preview it, I can't use keyboard arrows, copy (Ctrl +c/v) or select(Ctrl +a) in the Excel preview ( was able 2 days ago).
Till then, I try to restart my computer, change my keyboard, clean my Outlook cache, look for any options for that but I can't find any.
Compared all options with the colleague sitting next to me (because on him it works normally)
It works normally for example in Word file preview.
I can use mouse and right-click/copy and select it with it, but can't use my keyboard in excel previews...
Tried turning off antivirus, macros, add-ons, update outlook...
Are there any simple options that I didn't find for that, or do I need to reinstall Outlook?
Using classic Outlook for Windows in educational settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
i have the same issue , hope microsoft enable selecting & leave it optional to companies own risk
Same issue started for me within the last week. I'm losing so much productivity!
Same here. It is terribly annoying
Up up up
Temporary alternative: The keyboard - select - copy function does still work in the downgraded Outlook 365 for web version. It's only broken on the desktop app, which is where I need it to work, and where we have PAID for it to work.
And where did this "Microsoft Agent - Moderator" go? The supposed "expert" who has all of us uninstalling/reinstalling and looking up version numbers but who obviously didn't reproduce the problem themselves first to confirm that this was an actual fix. It's pretty simple to reproduce: email yourself an excel file, and you'll be in the exact same boat as us. This kind of garbage advice is why community forums are so unreliable.
Days later and they are nowhere to be found.