Outlook Excel preview, can't use keyboard arrows, copy or select in the Excel preview.

Anonymous
2022-12-09T08:13:07+00:00

When I get an Excel file on mail in Outlook and preview it, I can't use keyboard arrows, copy (Ctrl +c/v) or select(Ctrl +a) in the Excel preview ( was able 2 days ago).

Till then, I try to restart my computer, change my keyboard, clean my Outlook cache, look for any options for that but I can't find any.

Compared all options with the colleague sitting next to me (because on him it works normally)

It works normally for example in Word file preview.

I can use mouse and right-click/copy and select it with it, but can't use my keyboard in excel previews...

Tried turning off antivirus, macros, add-ons, update outlook...

Are there any simple options that I didn't find for that, or do I need to reinstall Outlook?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For education

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-05T01:07:23+00:00

    Hi all,

    The Outlook and Excel Teams are working to fix this bug. The fix is first available in the Beta Channel as of build 16024.10000. The fix is being backported to Current Channel. I don't know the backport build yet this will get to Current Channel but will post back when this information is available. The fix should be to CC by end of January but hopefully sooner.

    Hope to hear your good news as soon as possible

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-03T23:07:51+00:00

    same issue here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-30T23:33:30+00:00

    I found you can use mouse and highlight then right click and copy (instead of arrow keys and CtrlC) you can then go to your excel and do CtrlV to paste. It works the same for me and is a reasonable alternative.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-22T21:40:50+00:00

    Same here on my Personal PC that I access my work Outlook. Cannot use the Ctrl and arrow keys to select data to copy to excel file. Losing lots of productivity as well. Interestingly enough, it has not changed on my work desktop at my office. However, there was an update today that I chose NOT to install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-21T18:17:06+00:00

    exactly.... I need to hold control and shift and use arrow keys to select a large table. It's almost as fast to open the file as to select this table with a mouse...... Terrible increase in time required for my daily tasks....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments