Outlook Excel preview, can't use keyboard arrows, copy or select in the Excel preview.

Anonymous
2022-12-09T08:13:07+00:00

When I get an Excel file on mail in Outlook and preview it, I can't use keyboard arrows, copy (Ctrl +c/v) or select(Ctrl +a) in the Excel preview ( was able 2 days ago).

Till then, I try to restart my computer, change my keyboard, clean my Outlook cache, look for any options for that but I can't find any.

Compared all options with the colleague sitting next to me (because on him it works normally)

It works normally for example in Word file preview.

I can use mouse and right-click/copy and select it with it, but can't use my keyboard in excel previews...

Tried turning off antivirus, macros, add-ons, update outlook...

Are there any simple options that I didn't find for that, or do I need to reinstall Outlook?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For education

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-21T17:15:52+00:00

    I've been right-click-copying, too. Such a downgrade. I'm lucky because my email previews only have 48 rows and 24 columns of data to deal with and it' annoying but not impossible. I can't imagine having to do this with larger files that would need to scroll for much longer to reach the end of the file without the aid of my CTRL+arrow keys.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-21T11:00:20+00:00

    same as the other

    can not use arrows "Outlook 2019"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-20T10:20:52+00:00

    ..it's really burning, how fast they're working on this one. Haa, till the end of 2024 they will find a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-20T10:15:31+00:00

    i have the same issue , hope microsoft enable selecting & leave it optional to companies own risk

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-19T13:10:35+00:00

    Same issue started for me within the last week. I'm losing so much productivity!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments