Cannot copy and paste docs into a meeting invite anymore?

Anonymous
2023-08-21T23:21:36+00:00

Hi, I used to be able to attach files pdf's etc into a meeting invite in my manager's diary, ie if he had received an invite to a meeting and I wanted to attach all the relevant docs to that meeting (even if I wasn't the owner/initiator of the meeting invite) I could go copy and paste the relevant docs then when you went to close the meeting invite it would ask if you wanted to save to which I would click yes and the result was the docs would all be saved in the calendar invite for ease of access to docs on the day. Now it doesn't seem possible to do that which is really frustrating. What has changed? Please can you respond soon. Thanks

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-02T16:49:43+00:00

    i agree completely! this "update" is costing me time, and killing trees!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T13:04:14+00:00

    We have the same issue as everyone else on here, where we use the diary entries to add documents, irrespective of who sets up the meeting. To have to add a second diary entry for the documents is time consuming and confusing. THIS IS NOT A HELPFUL UPDATE MICROSOFT!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T13:45:51+00:00

    Yes, I agree. We need to be able to add documents, etc., AFTER the invite has been accepted, closer to the actual meeting time...like the day before sometimes. But, now, if someone else sent the invite, we can not do that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T20:25:20+00:00

    This was a terrible update! I can't believe anyone thought that this change was a good idea! I have always been able to attach background information to calendar invites so that the information was held in one place. Please add this functionality back. The suggested workarounds are terrible and waste time. No one has time for these shenanigans! This is basic calendaring functionality.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-06T07:27:35+00:00

    Agree with all the comments here. This is a pointless, time-killing update. Bring it back!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments