Scheduling and managing events using Outlook.com calendar
Thank you for your reply.
I used to do it all the time though, it has suddenly stopped working.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, I used to be able to attach files pdf's etc into a meeting invite in my manager's diary, ie if he had received an invite to a meeting and I wanted to attach all the relevant docs to that meeting (even if I wasn't the owner/initiator of the meeting invite) I could go copy and paste the relevant docs then when you went to close the meeting invite it would ask if you wanted to save to which I would click yes and the result was the docs would all be saved in the calendar invite for ease of access to docs on the day. Now it doesn't seem possible to do that which is really frustrating. What has changed? Please can you respond soon. Thanks
Scheduling and managing events using Outlook.com calendar
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you for your reply.
I used to do it all the time though, it has suddenly stopped working.
I see what you mean now. You are trying to attach files to a meeting invite you received from someone else in Microsoft Outlook. It is not possible for an attendee to directly edit a meeting invite, including adding attachments, that they do not own. Any changes made by an attendee, such as adding an extension, will not be visible to other attendees as the changes are not synced to their calendars.
One workaround suggested by a Microsoft Agent is to reply to the meeting invitation email with the attachments you want to include and ask the organizer to include them. When you receive the invitation email with options to respond, click “Accept” and choose “Edit the Response before Sending”. Then, include the required attachments in the response and send the email.
I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know.
Kind regards, Segunfunmi.
Hi,
Thanks for replying. Sorry I am meaning in MS Outlook calendar.
No, not an invitation of mine that I have created. I know how to attach a file to that. But what I am meaning is when you receive a calendar invitation from someone else. You used to be able to go into it in your calendar and add any docs you want, so for instance I add the docs that are relevant to that particular meeting so my manager doesn't have to go searching through all his emails. They are all available on the day right there in the meeting invite (that you have received from someone else). Hope this makes sense, just to recap, it is a meeting invite from another party.
There definitely used to be the option to do it as I have been doing that for years. It just suddenly stopped being available though. Rather frustrating because like I say I use it a lot.
Thanks
Hello Abi,
I’m Segunfunmi, an Independent Advisor and Microsoft user like you. Thanks for posting the query here in this forum.
You’re having trouble attaching files to a meeting invite in your manager’s calendar. I’m sorry to hear that. From the information you provided, it’s not clear which calendar application you’re using. Different calendar applications have other methods for attaching files to events.
If you’re using Microsoft Teams, there are a few different ways to attach files to a meeting invitation. One way is to store your files in a Microsoft Teams channel and manually post a link to the file in your meeting invite. Another way is to keep your files in OneDrive or another file-sharing service and post a link to the file in your meeting invite. You can also use Microsoft Outlook to send your meeting invitation and attach files from your local or network drive as required.
If you’re using Microsoft Outlook, you can attach a file to a meeting invitation by selecting Calendar, then New Meeting or New Appointment. In the invitation window, click Insert > Attach File. Select the file(s) you wish to attach to your meeting invitation and click Insert.
I hope this information helps! If you could provide more details about which calendar application you’re using and what steps you’ve tried so far, I may be able to provide more specific assistance.
Kind regards, Segunfunmi