Cannot copy and paste docs into a meeting invite anymore?

Anonymous
2023-08-21T23:21:36+00:00

Hi, I used to be able to attach files pdf's etc into a meeting invite in my manager's diary, ie if he had received an invite to a meeting and I wanted to attach all the relevant docs to that meeting (even if I wasn't the owner/initiator of the meeting invite) I could go copy and paste the relevant docs then when you went to close the meeting invite it would ask if you wanted to save to which I would click yes and the result was the docs would all be saved in the calendar invite for ease of access to docs on the day. Now it doesn't seem possible to do that which is really frustrating. What has changed? Please can you respond soon. Thanks

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-08T13:31:22+00:00

    Terrible update. This doesn't add to anyone's productivity but only takes it away. Fix this immediately Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-06T07:36:39+00:00

    I totally agree that this was a really helpful option as it meant that papers were easily accessible for the invitee. Now they have to either search their inbox or you have to set up a separate appointment and pop the papers in there (which just clogs up the diary). Very disappointed that this option was removed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-23T13:15:37+00:00

    You’re welcome! I’m glad I could help. Is there anything else you would like to know?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T20:08:54+00:00

    Thanks for taking the time to respond.

    Yes, I wondered if that was the case. Very disappointing as it was a very useful feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T11:23:01+00:00

    Hello ABi C,

    I understand that you used to be able to attach files to a meeting invite that you received from someone else in Outlook. According to a Microsoft Community post, this feature was removed in an update to Outlook. The post states that there used to be an option to ‘save without sending to all’ when attaching files to a meeting invite, but this option is no longer available. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. One workaround suggested by a Microsoft Agent is to reply to the meeting invitation email with the desired attachments included and request the organizer to include those attachments for you. When you receive an invitation email with options to respond, click Accept and choose Edit the Response before Sending. Then include the required attachments in the response and send the email. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

    Kind regards, Segunfunmi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments