Cannot copy and paste docs into a meeting invite anymore?

Anonymous
2023-08-21T23:21:36+00:00

Hi, I used to be able to attach files pdf's etc into a meeting invite in my manager's diary, ie if he had received an invite to a meeting and I wanted to attach all the relevant docs to that meeting (even if I wasn't the owner/initiator of the meeting invite) I could go copy and paste the relevant docs then when you went to close the meeting invite it would ask if you wanted to save to which I would click yes and the result was the docs would all be saved in the calendar invite for ease of access to docs on the day. Now it doesn't seem possible to do that which is really frustrating. What has changed? Please can you respond soon. Thanks

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-11T18:03:03+00:00

    If I understood correctly, when you "reply to the invite" sent to your manager, you are then able to add attachments or copy and paste information in. But, I have not tried it. This is what I thought I read in one of the comments from Microsoft.

    But, this is a problem if you "accept" the invite, but then LATER have to go back in and update or attach some documents or comments.....why they did this makes no sense.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-11T17:26:01+00:00

    Apparently from reading all the other responses, Microsoft has removed this feature entirely with the last update. There is no way to add attachments into a calendar invite someone else has sent. I can no longer add any attachments to my executives calendar if the invite has come from someone else. VERY painful indeed as this is the way that I am able to be productive for her, and ensure she has all documents electronically for her meetings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-11T14:06:36+00:00

    Hello, following up on your reply: But what if I want to add an attachment or simply copy and paste something into the invite sent to my boss, AFTER the invite has been accepted.

    Please let me know how to do this, without asking the person who sent the initial invite to send it all over again so that I can copy and paste something into the invite or attach a document when replying to the new invite.

    Thank you,

    Carrie

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-10T20:38:13+00:00

    Ahh i feel your pain. I am in exactly the same boat. It is so frustrating that they have removed this incredibly helpful feature. I don't understand why they would do that.

    Bring it back asap Microsoft!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-08T13:33:59+00:00

    I agree that the removal of this option is a terrible inconvenience. I similarly have been adding meeting materials etc to my boss's calendar appointments for years. Moreover, it's not always appropriate that all members of a meeting receive documents (for example, it could be a virtual job interview, and the interview questions an candidate resume should be visible to my boss, but not the interviewee...... Very frustrating that now his calendar is overloaded as an additional appointment needs to be created to house the meeting documents.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments