Cannot copy and paste docs into a meeting invite anymore?

Anonymous
2023-08-21T23:21:36+00:00

Hi, I used to be able to attach files pdf's etc into a meeting invite in my manager's diary, ie if he had received an invite to a meeting and I wanted to attach all the relevant docs to that meeting (even if I wasn't the owner/initiator of the meeting invite) I could go copy and paste the relevant docs then when you went to close the meeting invite it would ask if you wanted to save to which I would click yes and the result was the docs would all be saved in the calendar invite for ease of access to docs on the day. Now it doesn't seem possible to do that which is really frustrating. What has changed? Please can you respond soon. Thanks

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-18T20:51:29+00:00

    EXACTLY!!!! I'm in the same boat. It is beyond frustrating isn't it.

    I hope Microsoft are reading all these messages.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-18T20:47:17+00:00

    I TOTALLY agree with you. this is now an archaic process that obliterates productivity for all involved.,

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-18T20:39:10+00:00

    How do we advocate to bring this feature back! That change is SO ANNOYING.

    This has been driving me nuts for weeks! Always used to do it up until 3 weeks ago.

    I did this at least 8-10 times a week.

    Because, often, the people sending the attachments are not the same people who scheduled the meetings.

    I will literally need to quit my job.....if this feature is not brought back.

    As a person who manages calendars, I need to attach documents to my execs meetings so that they don't have to go find the attachments in an email somewhere.

    This change has put us back 20 years. I know have to PRINT the document, put in a tickler (ancient) and give it to them before the meeting. Or, they have to spend precious minutes they don't have to find it in their email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-12T14:27:39+00:00

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-12T10:27:01+00:00

    I cant believe that they have taken this function away!!!!!! - Microsoft PLEASE REINSTATE. As a PA I use this function all the time to organise the meeting materials that my boss needs. Now I have to set up a separate calendar item at the side of each meeting, for any agendas meeting materials, briefings etc, whereas before you could just drop it into the invitation. I don't understand the need to remove this most useful function. Microsoft please reconsider, there are a lot of people who do this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments