Cannot copy and paste docs into a meeting invite anymore?

Anonymous
2023-08-21T23:21:36+00:00

Hi, I used to be able to attach files pdf's etc into a meeting invite in my manager's diary, ie if he had received an invite to a meeting and I wanted to attach all the relevant docs to that meeting (even if I wasn't the owner/initiator of the meeting invite) I could go copy and paste the relevant docs then when you went to close the meeting invite it would ask if you wanted to save to which I would click yes and the result was the docs would all be saved in the calendar invite for ease of access to docs on the day. Now it doesn't seem possible to do that which is really frustrating. What has changed? Please can you respond soon. Thanks

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-18T20:51:29+00:00

    EXACTLY!!!! I'm in the same boat. It is beyond frustrating isn't it.

    I hope Microsoft are reading all these messages.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T20:25:20+00:00

    This was a terrible update! I can't believe anyone thought that this change was a good idea! I have always been able to attach background information to calendar invites so that the information was held in one place. Please add this functionality back. The suggested workarounds are terrible and waste time. No one has time for these shenanigans! This is basic calendaring functionality.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T13:04:14+00:00

    We have the same issue as everyone else on here, where we use the diary entries to add documents, irrespective of who sets up the meeting. To have to add a second diary entry for the documents is time consuming and confusing. THIS IS NOT A HELPFUL UPDATE MICROSOFT!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-18T20:47:17+00:00

    I TOTALLY agree with you. this is now an archaic process that obliterates productivity for all involved.,

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-28T12:38:53+00:00

    I agree, Abi, SUPER disappointing. We're paperless and the ability to edit ANY calendar invite no matter the originator is so much more efficient. What was MS thinking???

    PLEASE BRING THIS FEATURE BACK!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments