How do I prevent Outlook 365 on the Mac from launching the New Version

Anonymous
2023-04-24T16:04:10+00:00

When I updated to the New Version on my Macbook Pro M1, my database essentially was disabled. All the On My Computer emails were strewn all over the place and it was impossible to move anything. I had to restore my entire computer from Time Machine to get it back.

Now Outlook is threatening once again the New Version when I restart Outlook. How in the world do I prevent this from happening, as it is destructive to client-based email. I can't see a way to disable this.

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/6a89cef7-148a-48fb-928c-6197a09f0ae5?platform=QnA Thank you.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-18T12:55:47+00:00

    Yes this worked for me but try at your own risk. This is a Microsoft product after all.

    The reason I don't like the new version is that it won't let Mac users all the filter for emails especially Categories. I use this all the time to organise which emails have been actioned but the new version won't let you select it to filter. This has been reporting as feedback into the black hole of Microsoft support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T04:52:18+00:00

    I fully agree with all the posts that MS is absolutely deaf and dumb regarding how they write software for Mac and MS is obtuse to the obvious need for user friendly software, in particular, forcing consumers to use inferior, unwanted products like MS Outlook.

    MS must improve Outlook by:

    1. Guaranteeing the ease of migrating all of a users folders and files as the user has organized in their Legacy Outlook;
    2. Not force consumers to use a product they have rejected;
    3. Allowing users to easily return to Legacy while maintaining the original consumers organization of their email, folders, contacts, calendars, etc;
    4. Allowing ease of Importing from the consumers Main Identity as MS once did so efficiently;
    5. Allow the use of Rules.
    6. Allow the Retrieval of Sent Email.

    Anything less is inexcusable. Microsoft's Customer Care and Customer Service is the worst in the business. One should be able to make a phone call to a mutual-billion dollar company and receive instant in-person experienced technical support for free. The caps are for emphasis and not yelling: IF MICROSOFT DOES NOT MEET CONSUMERS NEEDS AS EXPRESSED ABOVE, THEN ALL APPLE USERS NEED TO ABANDON MICROSOFT OUTLOOK and use Apple Mail. MS Outlook has NO VALUE in its current "New Outlook" Form. For MS "New" means "Old and Neanderthal"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T12:50:30+00:00

    wow JFSSS. to the point. Unfortunately MS does not care.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T21:20:45+00:00

    This "New Outlook" for max is a steaming turd still (2 years later) missing most of the actual productivity features that were evolved into outlook over nearly three decades. Also, the waste of space is enormous. It requires constant re-authentication against other OATH endpoints (like google) and the constant force enabling of it is cumbersome at best.. It has to be disabled, then all accounts AGAIN re-authenticated. STOP SHOVING THIS **** DOWN OUR THROATS.

    I will add that the new tact to try and force Microsoft Authenticator signup on every login is more of the same. I don't want to use your authenticator, I already use another service for MFA and it is setup in my account. STOP FORCING THIS **** ON US. Short sighted contempt of user experience and efficiency. The new Microsoft way and why we are no longer a Microsoft shop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-25T09:42:40+00:00

    This "New Outlook" for max is a steaming turd still (2 years later) missing most of the actual productivity features that were evolved into outlook over nearly three decades.

    I so agree. Thanks. Who needs it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments