How do I prevent Outlook 365 on the Mac from launching the New Version

Anonymous
2023-04-24T16:04:10+00:00

When I updated to the New Version on my Macbook Pro M1, my database essentially was disabled. All the On My Computer emails were strewn all over the place and it was impossible to move anything. I had to restore my entire computer from Time Machine to get it back.

Now Outlook is threatening once again the New Version when I restart Outlook. How in the world do I prevent this from happening, as it is destructive to client-based email. I can't see a way to disable this.

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/6a89cef7-148a-48fb-928c-6197a09f0ae5?platform=QnA Thank you.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-18T08:32:21+00:00

    defaults write com.microsoft.Outlook EnableNewOutlook -int 0

    does not work I get command not found

    any other tips? I am on version 16.76 btw.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-10T00:18:03+00:00

    Sorry, I did receive instructions to fix this issue and I never posted it!

    Here are the instructions for the Mac:

    Outlook Fix: 

    If you do not wish to see the prompt anymore, please Quit Outlook and follow the below instructions - 

    1. Open Terminal (this can be searched from Spotlight located at the top right)
    2. Type in the commands as under - 

    defaults write com.microsoft.Outlook EnableNewOutlook -int 0 

    1. After which, hit enter in Terminal

    This should disable New Outlook and the prompts for it. 

    If you wish to enable New Outlook switch, follow the same procedure but instead of the command shared above, type the below - 

    defaults write com.microsoft.Outlook EnableNewOutlook -int 1 

    I worked great. Thanks. New Outlook disaster avoided.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-07T06:31:50+00:00

    Don't be silly. That would be way too sensible and considerate. LOL!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-06T16:28:49+00:00

    Excellent! Now, if only Microsoft would give everyone a little switch to deactivate this upgrade time bomb!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments