How do I prevent Outlook 365 on the Mac from launching the New Version

Anonymous
2023-04-24T16:04:10+00:00

When I updated to the New Version on my Macbook Pro M1, my database essentially was disabled. All the On My Computer emails were strewn all over the place and it was impossible to move anything. I had to restore my entire computer from Time Machine to get it back.

Now Outlook is threatening once again the New Version when I restart Outlook. How in the world do I prevent this from happening, as it is destructive to client-based email. I can't see a way to disable this.

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/6a89cef7-148a-48fb-928c-6197a09f0ae5?platform=QnA Thank you.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-01T12:21:42+00:00

    That seemed to work! Thank-you!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-01T11:40:25+00:00

    This whole forced change scares me as it will seriously negatively impact my business. Has anyone found a software that is similar to the current Outlook for Mac so we can switch to it, and not have our business livelihoods threatened with this change we don't want and can't use?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-01T11:35:57+00:00

    I HATE BEING FORCED TO SWITCH - THE NEW SOFTWARE DOES NOT MEET OUR NEEDS AND COMPLETELY MESSES UP MY BUSINESS. PLEASE MICROSOFT STOP FORCING THIS SWITCH!!!!!

    IT'S OBVIOUS MANY MANY PEOPLE DO NOT WANT THIS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-29T17:09:13+00:00

    Yes. It worked!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-29T07:50:53+00:00

    I have 2 identical MBP M1 and this has not happened to me. I got errors at first when I tried to use the command. Next I prefixed it with sudo and I have never had the annoying message appear again.

    In case you are not faniliar with sudo, here a litle explanation: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/terminal/apd5b0b6259-a7d4-4435-947d-0dff528912ba/mac#:~:text=To%20run%20commands%20with%20superuser,password%20of%20the%20current%20user.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments