How do I prevent Outlook 365 on the Mac from launching the New Version

Anonymous
2023-04-24T16:04:10+00:00

When I updated to the New Version on my Macbook Pro M1, my database essentially was disabled. All the On My Computer emails were strewn all over the place and it was impossible to move anything. I had to restore my entire computer from Time Machine to get it back.

Now Outlook is threatening once again the New Version when I restart Outlook. How in the world do I prevent this from happening, as it is destructive to client-based email. I can't see a way to disable this.

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/6a89cef7-148a-48fb-928c-6197a09f0ae5?platform=QnA Thank you.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-06T10:33:24+00:00

    In reality, this instance is still occurring today. The Outlook team has failed to take any action to assist their users. Even the new Outlook for Windows is a disaster.

    I'm not sure if the UI/UX Team uses Outlook for routine email work. Why can they come up with such a design while still removing the vital features?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-06T01:30:50+00:00

    That seemed to work! Thank-you!!!!

    Even after entering the terminal command, Mac Outlook is forcing me to be offline or "upgrade" to Office 365.

    This seems illegal to me. I paid for Mac Office 2019. Now Microsoft will not let me use what I paid for.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-26T10:45:53+00:00

    This just happened to one of my clients, they hate the new version and the forced "upgrade" didn't migrate a couple of accounts so I had the manually add them back. But then it would only sync the last 2 days worth of inbox from the server. Whilst I was trying to fix this mess I stumbled across this thread - before opening up terminal I followed another link in a comment by @Mr. Richard P (back on page 2), and linked off that page I found this page

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/the-new-outlook-for-mac-6283be54-e74d-434e-babb-b70cefc77439

    There is a way to revert back to the legacy version, there is a link in the Help menu.

    Clicking, opened a modal asking why I want to revert - so I told them, then it updated the database, quit and reopened in the legacy version.

    Who knows how long this option will stick.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-25T09:42:40+00:00

    This "New Outlook" for max is a steaming turd still (2 years later) missing most of the actual productivity features that were evolved into outlook over nearly three decades.

    I so agree. Thanks. Who needs it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T21:20:45+00:00

    This "New Outlook" for max is a steaming turd still (2 years later) missing most of the actual productivity features that were evolved into outlook over nearly three decades. Also, the waste of space is enormous. It requires constant re-authentication against other OATH endpoints (like google) and the constant force enabling of it is cumbersome at best.. It has to be disabled, then all accounts AGAIN re-authenticated. STOP SHOVING THIS **** DOWN OUR THROATS.

    I will add that the new tact to try and force Microsoft Authenticator signup on every login is more of the same. I don't want to use your authenticator, I already use another service for MFA and it is setup in my account. STOP FORCING THIS **** ON US. Short sighted contempt of user experience and efficiency. The new Microsoft way and why we are no longer a Microsoft shop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments