How do I prevent Outlook 365 on the Mac from launching the New Version

Anonymous
2023-04-24T16:04:10+00:00

When I updated to the New Version on my Macbook Pro M1, my database essentially was disabled. All the On My Computer emails were strewn all over the place and it was impossible to move anything. I had to restore my entire computer from Time Machine to get it back.

Now Outlook is threatening once again the New Version when I restart Outlook. How in the world do I prevent this from happening, as it is destructive to client-based email. I can't see a way to disable this.

![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/6a89cef7-148a-48fb-928c-6197a09f0ae5?platform=QnA Thank you.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-06T13:19:20+00:00

    Yes. This worked and I haven't lost anything. A further update might cancel this code - but I'd simply add a new command.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-02T13:09:31+00:00

    Yes - tried it and it appears to be a great workaround.

    Having already had to Time Machine my way back to pre- "upgraded" Outlook once, I was unimpressed when it said it'll upgrade on the next restart... Tried this and it's working so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-31T17:41:27+00:00

    Thanks Richard, your helpful response somehow ended up in my box - I have now stopped this awful new version of Outlook from auto-opening.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-31T17:39:35+00:00

    Many thanks Randall, this worked just right.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-03T23:39:42+00:00

    Has anyone tried this work around? Does it work? Are local folders kept?

    Will this prevent updates to Outlook from loading?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments