Why are attachments in emails are removed when I send an email using the Outlook App (on MAC)

Anonymous
2023-07-04T11:14:31+00:00

Attachments in emails are removed when I send an email using the Outlook App (on MAC). The attachments are correctly attached, and are transferred to the send folder with the email then disappear - the email remains unaltered. The recipient can see the email but no attachment. If I use outlook webmail - no problems

Is there a fix?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-08T16:45:43+00:00

    The updates are in the 365 admin console here:

    https://admin.microsoft.com/#/servicehealth

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-08T19:09:37+00:00

    perfect, thanks so much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-11T20:29:34+00:00

    So the current workaround is to send the email with the attachment and then check if the attachment actually sent and then if it didn't send to resend it from drafts? Am I getting this right? So we send the same email to people twice? I must be reading this wrong.

    C'mon MSFT, this is crazy. Everyone with a Mac in my company is dealing with this issue and it's incredibly frustrating that we're now going on 2 months without a fix. Being able to send attachments is the most basic feature, and using the legacy version of Outlook is not a fix given I can't use any of the plugins I'm required to use.

    Anyway, please sort this out ASAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-12T15:33:31+00:00

    Indeed its ridiculous ! I've tried everything and they just blame the iOs version and try to make you use their web version.. I decided to stop wasting time stop looking bad with my peers and contacts and moved OUT from OUTLOOK...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-12T16:23:25+00:00

    In my case, I removed a couple of plugins (HubSpot among others), installed latest Outlook release (August 29, Version 16.76.2), and so far, its working…

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments