Why are attachments in emails are removed when I send an email using the Outlook App (on MAC)

Anonymous
2023-07-04T11:14:31+00:00

Attachments in emails are removed when I send an email using the Outlook App (on MAC). The attachments are correctly attached, and are transferred to the send folder with the email then disappear - the email remains unaltered. The recipient can see the email but no attachment. If I use outlook webmail - no problems

Is there a fix?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T20:33:04+00:00

    I am a user experiencing this issue. With Outlook on Mac I had a settings under "Composing" selected that was "Wait to send messages for 15 seconds" enabled under the "Undo Send:" section. I have reverted that back to "0 seconds" and am now able to successfully send email with attachments. Hope this was the fix but seems to have helped. Hope this may help someone else out there ripping their hair out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T22:17:54+00:00

    I am a user experiencing this issue. With Outlook on Mac I had a settings under "Composing" selected that was "Wait to send messages for 15 seconds" enabled under the "Undo Send:" section. I have reverted that back to "0 seconds" and am now able to successfully send email with attachments. Hope this was the fix but seems to have helped. Hope this may help someone else out there ripping their hair out.

    Tried this and didn't work either. :(.

    so still tearing my hair out currently. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-23T17:07:30+00:00

    We have been having this issue since May, 2023. All of our 30 office employees work from MacBook Pro devices with the Current Channel release of Office for Mac. As of August 23, 2023, Outlook is on version 16.76.1. The issue remains widespread for our users. Attachments readily disappear and do not send properly from outgoing emails. Webmail and alternative email clients work fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-23T18:02:48+00:00

    I am experiencing the exact same phenomenon where if I use webmail there's never an issue of this happening.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-23T21:47:44+00:00

    I have the same problem, over half the time the attachments are removed once outgoing emails lands in the sent the folder. I can actually see the paperclip icon vanish from the emaiI. I checked my settings and the "0" wait seconds to send emails, so that trick won't work for me. I cannot believe this issue has not been solved yet. It's insane and embarrassing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments