Why are attachments in emails are removed when I send an email using the Outlook App (on MAC)

Anonymous
2023-07-04T11:14:31+00:00

Attachments in emails are removed when I send an email using the Outlook App (on MAC). The attachments are correctly attached, and are transferred to the send folder with the email then disappear - the email remains unaltered. The recipient can see the email but no attachment. If I use outlook webmail - no problems

Is there a fix?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-04T15:41:51+00:00

    Hello Stephen Fletcher2,

    Thank you for posting to Microsoft community.

    I understand that you are facing an issue with Outlook attachments in the Outlook MAC app. Apologies for the inconveniences caused. We have received a number of users facing this issue and we're currently looking into this situation. In the meantime, kindly provide me with following information for further checks. Thanks in advance!

    • What version of Outlook for mac are you using? See What version of Outlook do I have? - Microsoft Support
    • May I please know if you are using the New Outlook for Mac or Legacy version Outlook? If you are using the New Outlook, have you tried with the legacy version Outlook? if not, please kindly revert your Outlook version and check if there is any difference, to revert your Outlook, please Open your Outlook --> Help --> Revert to Legacy Outlook.

    Could you kindly try setting up your account in a new Outlook profile and see if issue persists: For reference: Manage profiles or identities in Outlook for Mac - Microsoft Support (Please do not delete the current profile as yet to prevent any data loss)

    You can also report this directly to our Outlook for Mac support team through the app. These experts can assist with suggestion based on your current setup and can advise with detailed collected logs if needed. For reference: Contact support within Outlook for Mac - Microsoft Support

    Your kind understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you for your cooperation.

    Best Regards,

    Ashraf

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-04T16:06:35+00:00

    Hello Stephen Fletcher2,

    Thank you for posting to Microsoft community.

    I understand that you are facing an issue with Outlook attachments in the Outlook MAC app. Apologies for the inconveniences caused. We have received a number of users facing this issue and we're currently looking into this situation. In the meantime, kindly provide me with following information for further checks. Thanks in advance!

    • What version of Outlook for mac are you using? See What version of Outlook do I have? - Microsoft Support
    • May I please know if you are using the New Outlook for Mac or Legacy version Outlook? If you are using the New Outlook, have you tried with the legacy version Outlook? if not, please kindly revert your Outlook version and check if there is any difference, to revert your Outlook, please Open your Outlook --> Help --> Revert to Legacy Outlook.

    Could you kindly try setting up your account in a new Outlook profile and see if issue persists: For reference: Manage profiles or identities in Outlook for Mac - Microsoft Support (Please do not delete the current profile as yet to prevent any data loss)

     

    You can also report this directly to our Outlook for Mac support team through the app. These experts can assist with suggestion based on your current setup and can advise with detailed collected logs if needed. For reference: Contact support within Outlook for Mac - Microsoft Support

     

    Your kind understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you for your cooperation.

    Best Regards,

    Ashraf

    Thanks Ashraf

    I have switched to the old version and will trial the issue fix

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T09:41:46+00:00

    Hello Stephen,

    Thanks a lot for the response.

    Does that imply that you can send the attachments without issues after reverting to the old/legacy outlook version? I will also keep you posted on this matter.

    Appreciate your patience on this.

    Best Regards,

    Ashraf

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T10:07:48+00:00

    Hi Ashraf

    On a limited number of tests - the files that I could not send yesterday, I have been able to send.

    The 'old' version is a good compromise although I would like to return to the latest version at some point.

    Thanks for your help

    Kind regards

    Stephen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T11:44:11+00:00

    Hello Stephen,

    Thank you for the response.

    That's well noted. Kindly allow me check with the team and will revert back if any findings.

    Thanks and Regards,

    Ashraf.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments