Why are attachments in emails are removed when I send an email using the Outlook App (on MAC)

Anonymous
2023-07-04T11:14:31+00:00

Attachments in emails are removed when I send an email using the Outlook App (on MAC). The attachments are correctly attached, and are transferred to the send folder with the email then disappear - the email remains unaltered. The recipient can see the email but no attachment. If I use outlook webmail - no problems

Is there a fix?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T22:17:54+00:00

    I am a user experiencing this issue. With Outlook on Mac I had a settings under "Composing" selected that was "Wait to send messages for 15 seconds" enabled under the "Undo Send:" section. I have reverted that back to "0 seconds" and am now able to successfully send email with attachments. Hope this was the fix but seems to have helped. Hope this may help someone else out there ripping their hair out.

    Tried this and didn't work either. :(.

    so still tearing my hair out currently. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T20:33:04+00:00

    I am a user experiencing this issue. With Outlook on Mac I had a settings under "Composing" selected that was "Wait to send messages for 15 seconds" enabled under the "Undo Send:" section. I have reverted that back to "0 seconds" and am now able to successfully send email with attachments. Hope this was the fix but seems to have helped. Hope this may help someone else out there ripping their hair out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T12:42:09+00:00

    In short yes and no.

    No- new Outlook 365 still having the same issue - attachments lost on pressing send

    Yes - 'downgrade to old' outlook and everything works

    I re-installed the new app (I use a MAC) a few days ago to see if the problem had been resolved and same issue.

    So - can I use Outlook (yes in the old and better version in my opinion) and no Microsoft haven't resolved the issue. Not sure what happens when they remove the option of the old version

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-21T21:22:11+00:00

    Is there any update to this issue? This is so embarrassing on a professional level. You cannot tell if the attachment will actually work at all. Rarely at this point it does.

    Maybe I should just go back to using Google Workspace instead.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-21T06:40:52+00:00

    Hi there,

    Has anyone had updates on this - I am having the same issue.

    Kind regards,

    Justin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments