Why are attachments in emails are removed when I send an email using the Outlook App (on MAC)

Anonymous
2023-07-04T11:14:31+00:00

Attachments in emails are removed when I send an email using the Outlook App (on MAC). The attachments are correctly attached, and are transferred to the send folder with the email then disappear - the email remains unaltered. The recipient can see the email but no attachment. If I use outlook webmail - no problems

Is there a fix?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-04T16:51:42+00:00

    SORRY but I don't see that the "August fix" was ever released... anyone??

    I migrated OUT from Outlook for these and many other annoying bugs and endless questions trying to find a solution like blaming the Mac IOs or asking if the web version worked better.

    Nobody likes the web version of apps, don't you read the customers notes?

    Anyway, could not wait until (not) August so I'm OUT from Outlook forever.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-23T22:19:23+00:00

    Is anyone else in the thread using the HubSpot add-in for Outlook? I see other HubSpot add-in users complaining about this issue and they thought it was related to the add-in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-23T17:07:30+00:00

    We have been having this issue since May, 2023. All of our 30 office employees work from MacBook Pro devices with the Current Channel release of Office for Mac. As of August 23, 2023, Outlook is on version 16.76.1. The issue remains widespread for our users. Attachments readily disappear and do not send properly from outgoing emails. Webmail and alternative email clients work fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T22:17:54+00:00

    I am a user experiencing this issue. With Outlook on Mac I had a settings under "Composing" selected that was "Wait to send messages for 15 seconds" enabled under the "Undo Send:" section. I have reverted that back to "0 seconds" and am now able to successfully send email with attachments. Hope this was the fix but seems to have helped. Hope this may help someone else out there ripping their hair out.

    Tried this and didn't work either. :(.

    so still tearing my hair out currently. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T20:33:04+00:00

    I am a user experiencing this issue. With Outlook on Mac I had a settings under "Composing" selected that was "Wait to send messages for 15 seconds" enabled under the "Undo Send:" section. I have reverted that back to "0 seconds" and am now able to successfully send email with attachments. Hope this was the fix but seems to have helped. Hope this may help someone else out there ripping their hair out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments