Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
I agree, this is an unnecessary complication, much better when attachements were opened not as a preview. MS: any plan to go back? an answer would be appreciated.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The new/pre-release version of Outlook opens attachments (e.g. .docx, .xlsx) in Preview mode only. Besides first downloading the attachment and then opening it, is there a way to configure Outlook to open the associated desktop app when double-clicking the attachment, similar to the old Production release?
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I agree, this is an unnecessary complication, much better when attachements were opened not as a preview. MS: any plan to go back? an answer would be appreciated.
I went back to the old Outlook a month ago. In my experience with my needs? the old Outlook is 100% better.
This new outlook is cutting my productivity in half!!!!! What the heck have you guys done???? I have to always check that its not saving to the cloud and it wont directly download a file attachment.
Stop screwing up the apps. Or I'll go to a solution that isn't a nightmare. Everyone in the company is having these issues.
Ken
This is the WORST update in the history of Microsoft. The fact that you cannot open files direclty and have to engage in several more steps to open a file is a deal breaker. Shame on you Microsoft. DEI (Didn't Earn It) programers?
MICROSOFT OFFICE TEAM,
Any updates? The New Outlook does really suck! Many issues. I am (or was..??) a strong advocate for Office, but not considering my options with the new version. Are you going to fix this?