NEW Outlook (20230421002.10) no longer opens attachments in desktop apps when double-clicking

Anonymous
2023-04-28T19:44:45+00:00

The new/pre-release version of Outlook opens attachments (e.g. .docx, .xlsx) in Preview mode only. Besides first downloading the attachment and then opening it, is there a way to configure Outlook to open the associated desktop app when double-clicking the attachment, similar to the old Production release?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-22T03:17:42+00:00

    I hate the "New" Outlook! No useful interaction with installed MS Apps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T13:15:32+00:00

    I agree with all the comments here. This preiew is a waste of time. When I click on an attachment, I want it opened in the native program so I can work on it! the 'new' editor is awful too! All my autocorrect shortcuts for words no longer work. Why did they have to mess with it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-24T01:09:33+00:00

    Unfortunately, they're going to force us to migrate on 1/1/24. I'm trying to learn to deal with it now, but it's a huge pain the behind.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-23T16:00:20+00:00

    no error message...just won't open

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T16:00:23+00:00

    Same here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments