Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Is there a fix for this? It's extremely frustrating to have to save a zip file vs just opening it.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The new/pre-release version of Outlook opens attachments (e.g. .docx, .xlsx) in Preview mode only. Besides first downloading the attachment and then opening it, is there a way to configure Outlook to open the associated desktop app when double-clicking the attachment, similar to the old Production release?
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Is there a fix for this? It's extremely frustrating to have to save a zip file vs just opening it.
Carolyn, thank you so much for providing that information. I will just need to figure out how to revert back to Legacy version.
After having endless problems with Outlook New, Microsoft tech on chat has advised me to to revert back to Legacy version as the new version is not stable.
I have reverted back and now Outlook for Mac is running smooth and I can open all attachments.
I'm not using Edge. I'm on a Mac and I'm having the same issue with not being able to open attachments after switching to Legacy Outlook, and switching back to New Outlook.
Now to have co pilot and for it to "work" you need "new Outlook"
What a pain