Can't move new email to on my computer folders

Anonymous
2023-05-31T23:41:19+00:00

Updated to the New Outlook for Mac 16.73.1. I can't move new inbox or sent emails to my many On My Computer folders. They don't highlight in the sidebar when an email is dragged over like they do in the account sidebar files. How to fix? Many thanks

<Changed to a question>

<Original title: candy move new email to on my computer folders>

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-20T07:39:36+00:00

    same here, the shortcut is still linked in the UI Message>>Move>>Choose Folder "↑ + ⌘ +M", but the shortcut is not working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T00:23:44+00:00

    I am also having this problem now, since (being forced to do) the upgrade a week or so ago. Worked fine before. Can't drag messages to one of those folders, and right click "move" will not recognise any of those folders, as noted by other users.

    I would also note that when I did the upgrade, the "on my computer" folders did not appear as part of the upgrade. I had to notice that they were absent and then figure out how to import them. When I got to that point it was clear that Outlook knew they were there - just hadn't thought to mention it.

    Finally, for several weeks before I did the major upgrade (so from say mid May), I was experiencing bizarre problems with my Yahoo.com email account. It would retrieve messages just fine, but if I deleted a message using Outlook it would completely clear the Inbox and then reload all of the messages (including the deleted one) from Yahoo. Following the upgrade my Yahoo account was missing in Outlook and I had to recreate it - after which the previously noted bizarre behaviour has disappeared.

    I mention these things in case it helps in the diagnosis.

    All in all I would have to say this upgrade was not MSFT's best work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-05T23:28:53+00:00

    I am also unable to move emails to an "On My Computer" folder. (I'm on outlook for mac.)

    Nor will it let me create new folders in Outlook or in "On My Computer".

    I am (briefly) able to rename one of the folders that is already there in Outlook called "New Folder 1". But after I rename it, I put an email in the folder, the folder immediately switches back to "New Folder 1".

    The problem only occurs in the new version of Outlook for Mac. Everything worked fine before outlook forced me to switch over.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-11T01:14:16+00:00

    I have the same issue. Using Outlook for Mac 16.74.2 running on Ventura 13.4.1.

    Interestingly, in my Work profile I have a Microsoft account from which I am able to move the emails to folders on My Computer but the iCloud account emails am not able to move.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-16T08:12:51+00:00

    I am having exactly the same problem. Microsoft forced me to update to new Outlook and now cant move to folders "on my computer".

    Sherry Chen from MSFT said on 1 June (over a month ago) she would provide an update when problem solved. Also suggested Todd 100 post any helpful result received from MS support.

    Is there any solution available yet??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments