Can't move new email to on my computer folders

Anonymous
2023-05-31T23:41:19+00:00

Updated to the New Outlook for Mac 16.73.1. I can't move new inbox or sent emails to my many On My Computer folders. They don't highlight in the sidebar when an email is dragged over like they do in the account sidebar files. How to fix? Many thanks

<Changed to a question>

<Original title: candy move new email to on my computer folders>

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-01T10:52:11+00:00

    Dear Todd,

    Welcome to the Microsoft forums, and I'm excited to provide you with technical support.

    According to your description, you can't move new email to "on my computer" folders.

    In order to have a clearer understanding of your problem and test it in a targeted manner, please provide me with some more detailed information:

    1. Would you please share a screenshot on how it show when you trying to move the emails? Any error or notification popoed out?
    2. Did you encounter this issue when using the classic version (before switching to the new version)?

    If the problem only occurs in the new version of Outlook for Mac, please understand that the new version of Outlook for Mac is still in beta development, our forum support staff is also testing and learning, the features of this product may not be stable at present. In order for your problem to be solved more quickly, we recommend that you also report the problem to the dedicated New Outlook for Mac support team: Contact support and provide feedback within the new Outlook for Windows - Microsoft Support.

    If your problem is resolved after contacting the new Outlook for Mac support team, can you share the information here? This will help many other users with similar issues and is also very helpful for our technical support.

    At the same time, we will also test and research this issue, and will update this post soon if any information is found.

    Thank you for your patience and time.

    Sincerely,

    Sherry | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-03T18:30:53+00:00

    I am having the exact same problem. Prior to the update I had no issues moving my emails into my folders into "on my computer." There is no error message that pops up. They don't highlight when scrolling over to drag and drop. And not only can I not drag and drop, when I attempt to move the mail manually through "move" and then "choose folder", it won't recognize any of the names of the folders in "on my computer".

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-06T14:19:51+00:00

    I have Outlook for Mac and have the same problem. When I try to move or copy an email from the inbox to any folder On My Computer, none of them appear in the dropdown list. I only see those under my email address.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-07T16:29:20+00:00

    I have the same problem. I can't move messages from my sbcglobal.net or gmail.com accounts to any of my "On My Computer" folders. I keep having to switch back to the old Outlook to do this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-13T08:46:34+00:00

    Hi Microsoft,

    Can't drag and drop from inbox to 'on my computer' in the new outlook like I used to in the 'old' outlook.

    Have version 16.73.2 on mac Ventura 13.4.

    (Thanks for fixing the 'new email from template' shortcut.)

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments