Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Has there been a resolution to this please?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Updated to the New Outlook for Mac 16.73.1. I can't move new inbox or sent emails to my many On My Computer folders. They don't highlight in the sidebar when an email is dragged over like they do in the account sidebar files. How to fix? Many thanks
<Changed to a question>
<Original title: candy move new email to on my computer folders>
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Has there been a resolution to this please?
As of 2024-04-06 I confirm in Outlook version 16.83.2 the same problem. Any attempts to move or copy the email to the "On My Computer" folders results in the message looking like it is moving or copying OK but, when I immediately look in the destination folder, it is there for just a few seconds before disappearing. The source mailbox retains the message regardless of whether the attempt was to copy or move the message.
This was only tried in the newer Outlook, not the legacy version. I am an IT guy trying to resolve this for a client. I tried phoning Microsoft for support but they just redirect all enquiries to help.microsoft.com which redirects to these pages which don't help. When did Microsoft last post a solution to this?
The solution is to no longer use 'On My Computer' folders for archiving or use a different email client. Mac users can better use Mac Mail app.
Edit on 2025-01-19: To switch to using the Apple Mac Mail app I still needed to get all the 'On My Computer' folders exported. Since the export function for the folders is absent (another 'feature' of the new Outlook) I moved all the mail from these folders to newly created equivalent folders in the IMAP (now Exchange?) section. This allowed exporting the archived mail so all mail could then be exported and imported into Apple Mail app. Given the constant trouble over the years with Outlook, I think this is the best long term solution.
Since last week it now works in my office 365 outlook for office imac. All i can suggest is try and switch to new outlook again.
I have the same issue with moving emails from my Inbox to the local folders On My Computer. This issue started for me with 16.83.1 on 3/19/24 and persisted with 16.83.2 and now 16.83.3 for both Legacy and New Outlook 365 on MAC. Any suggestions?
Yes, with 16.81 it finally seems to be fixed. It took only about a year (with no communication regarding the problem)...