Outlook Horizontal Line is not a full line and is inserted centered- office build 1912

Anonymous
2020-01-15T18:05:29+00:00

Outlook Horizontal Line is not a full line and is inserted centered in the body of the email.  First noticed on Version 1912 Build 1235.20288.  Looking for a fix.  Anybody else seeing this issue?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-29T01:38:04+00:00

    That wasn't the issue.  This is the issue:

    I find this difficult to believe and even more difficult to accept.  This bug was obviously introduced into my copy of Office by a non-security update before the cessation of Windows 7 support so surely MS can't refuse to provide me with a non-security update to fix a problem that they caused on my machine in the first place, just because they no longer support the underlying OS.  Not to mention that I paid good money for my Office 2016 license and expect the product to be supported as long as they support Office 2016.  I don't recall seeing anything in the Office 2016 license that said I would no longer get support if support was withdrawn from the underlying OS.  

    I have to run Windows 7 on this laptop because of other app dependencies.  On my two other laptops I'm running Office 2016 on Windows 10 (and of course the problem doesn't occur on those ones).

    Please assist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-27T14:42:36+00:00

    I just tested those exact commands again on my test machine and they ran just fine.  In Outlook go to file, Office Account, and let me know what the details are for About Outlook like below.  

    On that second line below try copy (Ctrl + C) and pasting (Ctrl + V) it into Notepad and then copy (Ctrl + C) from Notepad to paste (Ctrl + V) the Command Prompt and run it again.  Sometimes the characters don't copy well from a web site.  

    --

    1.  Open a Command Prompt (click into the Windows Search box and type Command Prompt to locate it)

    2.  Type or paste each command line below one after the other and press Enter after each

    cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun 

    officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.11929.20606

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-27T10:30:34+00:00

    Thank you but unfortunately that doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-26T15:23:08+00:00

    I apologize you are seeing the issue.  We have reported this to the Outlook Team for investigation.  If the issue is pressing, you can revert to the build before the problem started.  I will post back when I know the fix is implemented for SACT Channel.  To revert to the prior build do the following:

    1.  Open a Command Prompt (click into the Windows Search box and type Command Prompt to locate it)

    2.  Type or paste each command line below one after the other and press Enter after each

    cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun 

    officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.11929.20606

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-26T08:12:12+00:00

    As I reported in another post on this thread, that creates a Bottom Border, not a Horizontal Line (as it's known), which is a different beast.

    What's this about a Semi Annual Targeted Channel?  I'm just a humble individual who used a stack of his own money to purchase Office 2016. 

    What's going on here?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments