Outlook Horizontal Line is not a full line and is inserted centered- office build 1912

Anonymous
2020-01-15T18:05:29+00:00

Outlook Horizontal Line is not a full line and is inserted centered in the body of the email.  First noticed on Version 1912 Build 1235.20288.  Looking for a fix.  Anybody else seeing this issue?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T14:13:41+00:00

    Thank you for posting the version.  You are on Semi Annual Targeted Channel.  I can repro the issue on that version.  

    Can you try a workaround for now?  For example start a new email and then on a new line type three dashes --- and then press enter.  That should create a full line.  

    I will follow up on this and see if anything can be done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T10:06:50+00:00

    After the latest Offie365 updates the problem is solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T09:58:52+00:00

    OK, but that produces a Bottom Border, not the horizontal line that we're talking about.  Maybe you're aware of that but I just mention it in order to be perfectly clear about what's missing here.  

    Also Bottom Border is easily accessible by clicking Border within Paragraph within Format Text.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T09:49:13+00:00

    You're saying you can fix the problem by hitting enter ... ?  I tried hitting enter after the silly centered/truncated line appears but nothing happens, but perhaps you mean something else ... ?

    The alternative I've fallen back to is Bottom Border, which I can work with, but it seems to be one problem after another with Office updates and it's just utterly infuriating, frustrating, and time-wasting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T09:41:56+00:00

    I appreciate your help but when I do exactly what you advised I'm told that I'm up to date (complete with an exclamation mark, which falls woefully short of capturing whatever euphoria I'm supposed to have ... AND ... I still have the problem.

    The version I have appears to be this:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments