Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Perfect! You fix did the job.
Thank you to the max, and then some.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have Outlook downloaded from my Office 365 subscription and am running Outlook on a Windows 10 PC.
Today, around five hours after I started working, the text in the body of the email stopped showing, either all missing or just showing the first line.
When I look in the reading pane, all I see is "Hi Bee," and then nothing else. I have checked the emails on my iPhone 7 Outlook and Mail apps, and the body of the message is showing correctly.
I have disabled all COM Add-ins and I have run the full repair on the application, closed down the PC and restarted after a one minute break but still, it doesn't show correctly.
Any help gratefully received!
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Perfect! You fix did the job.
Thank you to the max, and then some.
Not that it will work for everyone, but the procedure for rollback above worked for me! Thanks a million!
Bad Microsoft update.
Open Elevated Command Prompt and paste this:
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\officec2rclient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.13901.20462
This was posted in another thread on this issue. I ran it, it worked! E-mail body shows now.
Bedo12 I am concerned about doing this because I've actually now uninstalled and reinstalled office so I'm afraid it won't show the updates. Probably the one I just installed has the update in it. The new version is not working in Outlook so the reinstall didn't help, but may have prevented me from rolling back. Also the number you have is significantly lower than the numbers that I currently have which is 13929.20296.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more