Outlook desktop client emails missing text in body

Anonymous
2021-05-11T19:46:55+00:00

I have Outlook downloaded from my Office 365 subscription and am running Outlook on a Windows 10 PC.

Today, around five hours after I started working, the text in the body of the email stopped showing, either all missing or just showing the first line.

When I look in the reading pane, all I see is "Hi Bee," and then nothing else. I have checked the emails on my iPhone 7 Outlook and Mail apps, and the body of the message is showing correctly.

I have disabled all COM Add-ins and I have run the full repair on the application, closed down the PC and restarted after a one minute break but still, it doesn't show correctly.

Any help gratefully received!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-21T00:18:37+00:00

    I am also having issues with the body text missing in Desktop Outlook App.

    I have run all the latest updates, and turned off all COM Add-ins, but still having problems.

    I can replicate the issue by sending an email to myself.

    I found that if I send an email to myself using HTML, then the body text disappears, yet if I send as Text only, it does not.

    I can see there is a known issue out there due to a recent software update.

    Is my experience related?

    This only started happening recently.

    Anyone know of ETA for Microsoft to fix this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments