Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Thank You, I am back in business :)
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have Outlook downloaded from my Office 365 subscription and am running Outlook on a Windows 10 PC.
Today, around five hours after I started working, the text in the body of the email stopped showing, either all missing or just showing the first line.
When I look in the reading pane, all I see is "Hi Bee," and then nothing else. I have checked the emails on my iPhone 7 Outlook and Mail apps, and the body of the message is showing correctly.
I have disabled all COM Add-ins and I have run the full repair on the application, closed down the PC and restarted after a one minute break but still, it doesn't show correctly.
Any help gratefully received!
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank You, I am back in business :)
Glad to help :)
You're welcome
At 5/12/2021, 3:00 AM UTC
Microsoft posted that it has resolved the issue.
Some users will be required to restart their email client for the change to take effect.
In some circumstances, a second restart may be necessary.
One of my systems which had the issue yesterday, does not have the problem today and no changes were made to the system.
The version of Outlook is 16.0.13929.20206 32 bit and this has not changed.
Thanks.
OH NO! Today. after a reinstall and then the command prompt fix posted here (which worked) yesterday, Word is no longer working properly. I can't open a file; it just says processing... and nothing. This MUST be related! Other Office programs seem to be working so far, including (since the fix) Outlook.