Outlook desktop client emails missing text in body

Anonymous
2021-05-11T19:46:55+00:00

I have Outlook downloaded from my Office 365 subscription and am running Outlook on a Windows 10 PC.

Today, around five hours after I started working, the text in the body of the email stopped showing, either all missing or just showing the first line.

When I look in the reading pane, all I see is "Hi Bee," and then nothing else. I have checked the emails on my iPhone 7 Outlook and Mail apps, and the body of the message is showing correctly.

I have disabled all COM Add-ins and I have run the full repair on the application, closed down the PC and restarted after a one minute break but still, it doesn't show correctly.

Any help gratefully received!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:28:31+00:00

    Having the EXACT same issue with Office 2019 desktop.  Body of emails from the past 15 years are all now gone.  This is not a good look Microsoft!  Need a fix ASAP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:27:53+00:00

    The rollback takes just a couple minutes...

    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\officec2rclient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.13901.20462

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:26:38+00:00

    Same problem. Happened sometime since yesterday afternoon. Looks to be a MS problem with a recent update. I will wait a day to see if they fix it before trying to roll back to the previous version. In the meantime I will use Outlook on the Web. That is working OK.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:24:08+00:00

    Thanks you!  This worked!   Stupid Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:23:42+00:00

    Same here. After the problem occured I updated to 16.0.13929.20206. No improvement. Trying to roll back tomorrow, if nothing changes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments