Outlook desktop client emails missing text in body

Anonymous
2021-05-11T19:46:55+00:00

I have Outlook downloaded from my Office 365 subscription and am running Outlook on a Windows 10 PC.

Today, around five hours after I started working, the text in the body of the email stopped showing, either all missing or just showing the first line.

When I look in the reading pane, all I see is "Hi Bee," and then nothing else. I have checked the emails on my iPhone 7 Outlook and Mail apps, and the body of the message is showing correctly.

I have disabled all COM Add-ins and I have run the full repair on the application, closed down the PC and restarted after a one minute break but still, it doesn't show correctly.

Any help gratefully received!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:58:00+00:00

    Also Worked for me.

    I have had 3 users afflicted so far.  I bet it is an interesting morning though.

    So thankful for this forum,  I would have wasted hours looking for the right answer.

    Shame on you Microsoft, for so many things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:55:47+00:00

    @Bedo12 - Thank you! Worked great - I'm back in business.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:55:06+00:00

    Bedo12, despite my concerns, this seems to have worked! Thanks. But yet again, note to MS: Please stop forcing updates that haven't been tested adequately! And kudos to this community.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:54:18+00:00

    Worked.....Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:51:12+00:00

    This fixed the issue I was having. This happened sometime today and by rolling back it solved my issue to use Outlook again. Stop automatic updates whoever uses this fix to prevent it from coming.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments