Outlook desktop client emails missing text in body

Anonymous
2021-05-11T19:46:55+00:00

I have Outlook downloaded from my Office 365 subscription and am running Outlook on a Windows 10 PC.

Today, around five hours after I started working, the text in the body of the email stopped showing, either all missing or just showing the first line.

When I look in the reading pane, all I see is "Hi Bee," and then nothing else. I have checked the emails on my iPhone 7 Outlook and Mail apps, and the body of the message is showing correctly.

I have disabled all COM Add-ins and I have run the full repair on the application, closed down the PC and restarted after a one minute break but still, it doesn't show correctly.

Any help gratefully received!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T21:12:06+00:00

    Hi John,

    Make sure you use the quotations and that you run the command prompt as administrator.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T21:11:56+00:00

    PatrickMunson1 can we turn off automatic updates in Win10 if we are running the Home version, not Enterprise? I'm concerned, like many others, that it will update again and the problem will return, so I'd like to keep it from doing that until MS fixes it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T21:10:20+00:00

    John_Harris_914 I think your problem is that you are trying to paste the command when already in another directory. When you get to the command prompt (run as admin), go to the roote (C:) and then paste the command. Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T21:07:37+00:00

    Copy paste the full command including the starting quotes. Do this in a command prompt run as administrator.

    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\officec2rclient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.13901.20462

    I turned off automatic updates when it was done, just to be on the safe side. It worked for me on 2 separate installs.

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:59:55+00:00

    Am I doing something wrong? this is the message I get when I try to run the cmd. 'Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

    operable program or batch file.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments