Outlook desktop client emails missing text in body

Anonymous
2021-05-11T19:46:55+00:00

I have Outlook downloaded from my Office 365 subscription and am running Outlook on a Windows 10 PC.

Today, around five hours after I started working, the text in the body of the email stopped showing, either all missing or just showing the first line.

When I look in the reading pane, all I see is "Hi Bee," and then nothing else. I have checked the emails on my iPhone 7 Outlook and Mail apps, and the body of the message is showing correctly.

I have disabled all COM Add-ins and I have run the full repair on the application, closed down the PC and restarted after a one minute break but still, it doesn't show correctly.

Any help gratefully received!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-12T00:34:38+00:00

    Thanks for doing what MS couldn't and offering a solution!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-12T00:19:44+00:00

    I had the same problem.

    I solved it by logging into portal.office.com and re-installed Office 365 by clicking on the Install Office button.

    After re-installing, I was able to view the content of my emails.

    Denny Jodeit

    ******@jodeit.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-12T00:19:15+00:00

    Same issue!  I'm freaking out, this needs to be fixed ASAP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-12T00:16:37+00:00

    Thank you, I didn't include the quotations. Fingers crossed this does the trick :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T23:57:27+00:00

    create a bat file and RUN AS admin on your affected users

    will disable updates and force the rollback

    @ECHO OFF

    reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\OfficeUpdate /v EnableAutomaticUpdates /t REG_DWORD /d 0

    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\officec2rclient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.13901.20462

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments