Outlook desktop client emails missing text in body

Anonymous
2021-05-11T19:46:55+00:00

I have Outlook downloaded from my Office 365 subscription and am running Outlook on a Windows 10 PC.

Today, around five hours after I started working, the text in the body of the email stopped showing, either all missing or just showing the first line.

When I look in the reading pane, all I see is "Hi Bee," and then nothing else. I have checked the emails on my iPhone 7 Outlook and Mail apps, and the body of the message is showing correctly.

I have disabled all COM Add-ins and I have run the full repair on the application, closed down the PC and restarted after a one minute break but still, it doesn't show correctly.

Any help gratefully received!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:35:09+00:00

    This issue started today. This is super ciritical.  It's impossible to view the body of any email in my PST files apart from the first line of text.

    Microsoft: please respond.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:33:12+00:00

    Same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:33:06+00:00

    Hi from Auckland New Zealand.

    1200 Users. I tested with a user on the newest machine in our business (i5-10500, 16gb, NVME) - they sit on a 100mbit connection, their individual laptop was pulling 30mbit/sec for around 6-7mins. Total turn around time between elevation and pasting the fix until the Outlook client was launched again showing the body of the email was under 10mins, roughly.

    Thanks for your assistance and Good Luck to everyone else! ;)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:30:23+00:00

    I am having the same problems described here. Outlook, and maybe more, seem to have "blown up".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-11T20:28:31+00:00

    Having the EXACT same issue with Office 2019 desktop.  Body of emails from the past 15 years are all now gone.  This is not a good look Microsoft!  Need a fix ASAP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments