Outlook Calendar Reminders Not Working

Anonymous
2020-06-04T00:56:08+00:00

since the "update" to Microsoft 365 a couple weeks ago, Outlook reminders are only working some of the time. I've missed a couple meetings because either I never got the reminder or I snoozed it and it never showed.

I ran outlook.exe /cleanreminders but it didn't do anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-04T15:26:12+00:00

    Well, thank you, Microsoft.  I just missed another meeting.

    I wonder if Open office has the same problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-06T15:31:53+00:00

    I've had the exact same problem for a few months now.

    Tried just about everything to fix the problem. Most annoyingly it only happens to my AM meetings.

    The only work around I've found is to disable Outlook calendar sync on my android phone. For some reason being notified on my phone and being notified on the desktop are not compatible.

    It doesn't appear to be the actual notification itself on the phone is causing the problem. I can see that the reminder is turned off on the desktop before any notifications occur. Also it appears to only be happening for the next working day. Notifications of recurring meetings are fine if I look farther out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-07T04:37:23+00:00

    Interesting.   So your notifications work on your desktop if you turn off calendar sync on your phone?  That seems like a good clue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-07T23:53:40+00:00

    Yes, that appears to be the issue. Outlook on my phone and Desktop just updated yesterday and I had hopes the bug was squashed but no luck. Problem popped right back up once I re-enabled calendar sync on my phone.

    There probably is something else in mix though. I imagine this would be huge problem if this happened to everybody with calendar sync turned on for their phones.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T01:01:47+00:00

    Last week I removed Microsoft 365 from my PC in my office using the Office uninstall support tool and installed a fresh copy. Once it was done, I checked for an update and it installed one. Since then, I have been getting all my reminders again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments